The J.F. Wild Building
The history of the J.F. Wild began with the J.F. Wild & Co. State Bank that originally called 129 East Market home. It is fitting that the State’s first, and eventually largest, bonding house was designed by Fermor Spencer Cannon, who also designed Butler University’s Hinkle Fieldhouse. In 1927 amidst America’s “Public Enemy Area”, the J.F. Wild & Co. State Bank closed after the basement vault was robbed of $275,000 in Liberty Bonds. Not soon after, the Bank President and others were indicted by a Grand Jury for embezzlement.
Loftus Robinson purchased the J.F. Wild building in 2014 after it sat vacant for years, falling into disrepair. The exterior of the building has been restored back to historic accuracy and the interior is now completely renovated. Building amenities include a new lobby, elevators, shared conference rooms, tenant lounge, and connected parking. The building improvements were designed with creative, progressive office users in mind. Each floor lays out well for whole floor users who desire an open concept design.
The J.F. Wild is located in the heart of Indianapolis’ bustling downtown business district. Always a great destination for lunch or client meetings, you will find the start of Massachusetts Avenue just a few blocks North of the building. In addition to being close to Indianapolis City Market, the J.F. Wild is surrounded by attractions, restaurants, and hotels, like Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Prime 47 Steakhouse, and The Alexander Hotel.